So I caved and watched the Cas and Hannah bit of the promo because I wanted to see what people were upset about and I’m laughing so hard because it loOKS THE SAMME??
A good writer with a sad idea and a malicious side is a person to fear.
5000 people were shown random YouTube videos. Scientists reconstructed the visual experience from brain activity.
Here is the video
If you want to know more, here is the paper
And here is their website
This is awesome.
Feminism had a noble cause for equality until it became a hate movement .
People have been accusing feminism of being a hate movement since women started trying to get the right to vote.
YUP! Remember this when people say feminism has gone too far! Because treating women as full human beings has always been seen as “going too far”.
you can now purchase a destroy capitalism banksy print from walmart
I want a print of this screencap.
i forgot about posting this and saw it on my dash and became speechless all over again
My Least Favorite Trope (and this post will include spoilers for The Lego Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Matrix, Western Civilization, and—cod help me—Bulletproof Monk*.) is the thing where there’s an awesome, smart, wonderful, powerful female character who by all rights ought to be the Chosen One and the hero of the movie, who is tasked with taking care of some generally ineffectual male character who is, for reasons of wish fulfillment, actually the person the film focuses on. She mentors him, she teaches him, and she inevitably becomes his girlfriend… and he gets the job she wanted: he gets to be the Chosen One even though she’s obviously far more qualified. And all he has to do to get it and deserve it is Man Up and Take Responsibility.
And that’s it. Every god-damned time. The mere fact of naming the films above and naming the trope gives away the entire plot and character arc of every single movie.
a discussion on sexual orientation
- me: *explaining various sexual orientations to a classmate*
- classmate: wait, what's polyamory?
- me: well, it's when someone has more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved.
- professor: *overhears from front of class*
- professor: that is d i s g u s t i n g
- me: *defensively* um, actually, no it's--
- professor: how DARE they put a greek prefix on a latin root like that?! What right do they have to decimate my beautiful antiquated languages?!?! GREEK AND LATIN DO NOT FRATERNIZE THIS IS LIKE THAT STUPID ROMANTIC SUBPLOT BETWEEN THAT DWARF AND THAT ELF IN THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!
- me: ....
- me: ....
- me: ....
- professor: it should be polyerosy